1 November, 2017
Version 2.5 – What’s new in this release?
Apart from the new ANONYMOUS feature, it is largely a selection of minor fixes to make your experience easier and more secure.
- We’ve released a brand-new feature that gives you the option to make any donation you want – “anonymous”. That means that the recipient charity will not know that it came from you
- We have created a new very compressed report to make it easier for you to see many more transaction on each page, viewable both on a PC or mobile. You can access this new report in the new Reports section. As with other reports, it can be exported directly to Excel when access with a PC
- You can now cancel any donations that are still pending (ie have not been carried out) without needing to contact the office.
- You can now find your Charity more efficiently by typing in for the charity name, the charity number or even address in the searchbox.
- The voucher book report (a list of all vouchers in a book in cheque number order) is more easily locatable in the REPORTS section.
Summary of general maintenance updates:
- In response to requests from charities, if you make a donation over £2,000 you will have to complete a “Note to charity”.
- In order to prevent unwanted Duplicate Payments – an extra question will be asked if you make an identical request within a few hours.
- In order to prevent unwanted Duplicate Standing Orders Payments – an extra question will be asked if you make an identical request within a few hours.
- At login, an inactive user will have instructions displayed on how to reactivate account. Generally, more helpful messages are displayed if you give invalid password etc
- Standing order note on view transactions will display the standing order “payment number.”
- If you do not use the system for 7 hours – you can move away from the site without getting that annoying “Leave or Stay” request.
- For Gift Aid accounts, any Deposits shown on “view transactions”, will display the note: Gift Aid Applicable together with the Gift Aid amount for the deposit.
- A Captcha has been introduced after two unsuccessful logins or the “forgot password” dialogue. There will also be a delay of 5 seconds between each login attempt.
- Cosmetic changes
- Confirmation email of donation change – ‘Notes to AAC’ changed from blank to N/A when no comments entered.
- Logout button will take user to the login page.
- “Blank voucher book” order option is now listed higher on the order page.
- Various formatting issues to make the site more intuitive to use.
- Changes to the message and formatting in the email confirming Donations.
- Bugs fixed from v2.4
- The button on Voucher book ordering the bugs affecting it have been fixed.
- Redo voucher button on view transactions now allows you to order new voucher book.
- Some standing order data inconsistencies have been fixed.
- Message of the Day formatting issues have been fixed.
- Currency display issues on the view transaction table for some transactions have been fixed.
- Standing orders that are being amended are no longer marked as being cancelled. I.e. once a SO is cancelled, you cannot do anything to it.
- Issue of pending transactions appearing on list of current transactions has been resolved.
- Some of the Contact messages are no longer being sent twice.
- Reported Bugs
- Internet Explorer Issues
- Cannot export data on some tablets
- Charity select menu is inconsistent on some older browsers
- Working on…
- My Giving – a set of reports, including pretty graphs, that shows your giving patterns, by time or charity, over time. (We are also looking at what other reports the system should generate – if you have any feedback, please do be in touch.)
- Adding “being processed” amounts to the “account balance” at the very top of the page
- Direct links to Charity Commission pages for each (relevant) charity
- Stronger passwords for all users – for improved security.
- Encryption of all system files
- Much improved “search for charity” on the dropdown list
- And more!
If you have any ideas, queries or feedback email me at email@example.com