1 March 2018
Are you having difficulty finding the charity you want to donate to online?
Here are some tips that may be useful:
- A charity’s name could be a different spelling to your search, try an alternate spelling. (Bet, Bais, Beis; Ohr, Or; FO, Friends Of)
- Sometimes ‘less is more’ – try using shorter text or one word instead of two. You do not need to type the full name to find it. For example, if you type ‘yes’ or ‘yeshiva’ you will find results of all ‘Yeshivas’.
- The search function also looks at charities details; address, phone number and registered charity number (UK or Israeli). You can try typing in a part of these charity’s details into the search bar.
- You can use the keywords OR and AND (e.g. Kollel AND Jerusalem to narrow the search).
- If you have donated to the charity before, look through your list of previous donations through the history feature.
- Each charity has an Achisomoch account number if you know the account number you can find the charity easily that way.
The good news is that we have taken some steps to make the search function work better for you:
a) We now show more matches – up to 40 instead of up to only 30
b) We highlight the search text in the results of the search
We have more plans in the pipeline to solve spelling differences – watch this space.
If you have any comments, we welcome your feedback. Please click here to contact us.