July 18th 2019
In addition to this release a new version of the Charity Portal is being released for charities to check donations of donors online that have not yet been processed for payment.
The main updates are as follows:
- Minimum online donation reduction from £10 to £3. This allows you to conveniently give smaller donations via your online account without needing to use vouchers. It is a major step forward in our efforts to reduce paper/vouchers and we hope that our donors will use this new feature.
- Order Statements from the online system Reports
You can now view/download and order a statement of your account from the online system. You may select a time period of any of the last 3 months or a specific date range of your choice. It is produced in PDF format and it can be viewed or sent to you as email. This facility can be found in the ‘Reports’ section but is not currently available on a mobile device.
Please note: We have no plans currently to replace the monthly ‘statement by email service’ that runs at the beginning of each month.
- Compliance thresholds for payment to non-UK charities
All larger donations are automatically detected and details sent to our Compliance department – the donor is advised of this when the online request is made. Following advice from our lawyers, the thresholds for due diligence checks on donations to international charities have been lowered from £2,000 to £1,500.
- Default Anonymous donations If you have requested from the office that all your donations are to be anonymous by default, they will be automatically made as anonymous on your online account. To avoid any confusion the ‘Anonymous’ button will be greyed out.
- User Invite Rewards It is required for a recommended friend to use the email address they were recommended on or notify the office if a different email address is used. This will enable recommending rewards to be better tracked.
- New status of ‘Incompliance’ In v2.8f we added a new status type of ‘Incompliance’. This is used if a request has been flagged to undergo more rigorous checking by the compliance team . When it passes the tests, its status will be returned to ‘Being Processed’.
Admin Updates changes
- A new feature has been added, in order to avoid extra work, when an ‘Incompliance’ donation is cancelled, our compliance team will automatically be informed by email.
Bugs / Cosmetics fixed from v2.8g
- Your name will now be shown on the email recommendation to a friend that you invite to use AAC’s client services.
- The AAC header information and image on PDF exports has now been improved.
- Formatting errors on the PDF export for the ‘View Transaction’ page have been fixed.
- Wording in different areas of the site have been updated to be more accurate
- PDF export on ‘View Transactions’ page not working with filters
- PDF export on ‘View Transactions’ page is cutting off the last column.
- PDF export will not be supplied if over 1,000 records are requested – a 1,000 record limit is being introduced.
- ‘Repeat a Donation’ facility is not working on a charity that has had its ID changed since the last donation.
- When navigating internal pages in certain patterns there is very infrequently an unexplained formatting error.
- Investigations continue, but going back to the previous screen normally helps
- Improved security.
- Easily found tips on making better charity searches
- Easier access for Charidy and Causematch crowdfunding campaigns
- And more!
We are looking for more users to help with beta testing of future releases. We are also looking for your ideas on how to improve our service – either way, please be in touch with us at email@example.com