5th December 2018
Note: The Number in square brackets refers to our internal Id
Version 1.3 of the charity portal contains many exciting new features as described below. It is also the first release that introduces the concept of premium service – i.e. additional services for which we make a small annual charge. There will be a trial period for users to try the premium services for no cost till the 1st February 2019
Many of the current services for charities will still be available at no charge – e.g. search filters and many settings.
There are two categories of premium user – SILVER and the more comprehensive one of GOLD. To subscribe to premium services logon on to your account and you will be guided by a pop-up
New Basic User Unrestricted features
- Fundraising Pages Any charity can create their own dedicated fundraising page as a new option for donors to donate to via AAC with extra information. This is an addition to the 2 existing ways to donate via voucher or online system. To find out more details click here.
- Send message to Anonymous Donors. You can send a message to a donor with a query about their donation even if the donor has requested that his donation is to be anonymous. The donor has the option to then respond without revealing their email address.
Basic User Restricted Features
- Find historical donations (3 months) Filter and search to find donations of the last 3 months.
- Export donations as PDF (3 months) Sort and export a donations report from the portal as a PDF file
- Donor Annual Report. View the first 5 lines of a compact report which shows succinctly all clients who made a grant to your charity in the last 4 calendar years. It displays a total of how much they have donated each year along with a grand total – and the earliest, last date of all donations. 
- Standing Order Report Inspect and track the first 5 lines of a sophisticated report showing all standing order payments over the last 18 months. Making it simple to spot missing payments or those donors who have stopped donating to you. 
- Compact Remittance Report View the first 5 lines of a report with all your remittance notes over the last 12 months. This report provides the remittance note number, date and total value to simplify your bank account reconciliation.
- New report viewer. You can browse through these new report with a new report viewer – one which we hope to introduce across all part of our online system (for clients and charities). With all reports you can, very easily, sort on the columns of the report and enter searches to find keywords or values. You can also get subtotals e.g. how much did each donor donate. These reports can be exported in csv or xls.format .
Additional Silver User Features
- Advanced Live Campaign Page Set-up your own live “campaign” page to make it easier for your donors to pay you. These include ask your own question, forcing donor to leave a comment and export an up-to-the minute list of all donations made through your campaign page. To set-up this up please email email@example.com.
- Additional formats for exporting details of donations (6 years) Copy to your clipboard or export donations as a csv, Excel or in pdf format. Option to send these exported files directly as an email.
- Find historical donations (6 years) Search, filter and export on historical donations going back 6 years
Additional Gold User Features
- Donor Annual Report View a complete compact report which shows succinctly all clients who made a grant to your charity in the last 4 calendar years. It displays a total of how much they have donated each year along with a grand total – and the earliest, last date of all donations. 
- Standing Order Report Inspect and track a complete sophisticated report showing all standing order payments over the last 18 months. Making it simple to spot missing payments or those who have stopped donating to you. 
- Compact Remittance Report Easily view all your remittance notes over the last 12 months at a glance. This report provides the remittance note number, date and total value.
- Upgrade sign-up A “free” user can choose to upgrade immediately at any point for premium silver or gold service. A pop-up will appear when they login and redirect them to a sign-up page. 
- Premium Features limited Some features that may have been previously available to all free users may have been limited. To see a comprehensive list of what is available for the different levels click here 
- Registration for new charities Charities not yet registered to use the portal will be redirected to fill in an application on the login page. New charities can be set-up within a few hours. 
- Queries only on donations You can send a message to donors however it is only to ask queries on donations and not email a “thank you” or acknowledgement. 
- Whose-giving pop-up Buttons now appear correctly when selecting ‘More Donors’. 
- Whose Giving title Now appearing correctly as ‘Whose Giving’. 
- CP email subject titles All email subjects titles now include keyword CP referring to Charity Portal. 
- Live Chat A widget has been enabled to allow you to easily send a message or have a chat with a support agent if you have a query 
- All users now have all their details displayed and stored correctly including registered email address, postal address, registered charity number and bank with commas removed.
- Error message no longer appears if users enter a backstroke while searching on the “View Transactions Page”